The Department of FISCal (FI$Cal) continually makes updates and enhancements to the system based on feedback from our end users. Our goal is to improve usability while maintaining the highest level of security for the state’s data.
FI$Cal released the following enhancements in September (descriptions include ServiceNow case numbers):
Budget/adjust advance, if it is continuing appropriation, the budget amount should be zero. It applies to account type D and for CC_APPROP ledger group.
Created procedure Check_Continue_Appropriation to set the budget amount to zero if it is continuing appropriation for account type D and CC_APPROP ledger group continues. Appropriation is defined as with budget control option is tracked with budget (Control_option=1), or tracked without budget (Control_option=2).
Request changes to the existing Accounts Receivable Aging report in Peoplesoft.
1. Change the credited amount field to adjustment amount.
2. Add a new field for Item line number.
Modified SQR program to add item line to the report and modified credited amount field to adjusted amount.
- Buyers and requestors should be viewing any pending approval escalations in the Buyer Workcenter or Requisition Workcenter. Buyers and requestors will stop receiving Worklist and Push notification Approval Escalations for their own requests. Purchase order (PO) and requisition worklist searches with denied status option should show correct results. New Fluid Page in the Requisition Workcenter for requestors to view their escalation notices.
- Buyers and requestors will stop receiving worklist and push notification approval escalations for their own requests.
- Created escalation notices in Requisition My Work Requester Alerts page. Created application class EscalationReq for Escalation Notices. Fixed code to make sure PO and requisition worklist searches with denied status option shows correct results. Fixed code to Transfer to Approval page in a new browser tab.
- Turned off (unchecked) the worklist and push approval workflow engine configuration for PO and requisition escalate event for ‘requester’ participant.
Assembly Bill (AB), effective January 1, 2023, addresses the state’s recycling goals through updated recycled product standards when purchasing from and contracting with vendors. AB 661 says FI$Cal will be updated with the new recycled product standard values. Departments are required to annually account for and report State Agency Buy Recycled Campaign (SABRC) compliant materials to CalRecycle. They do this by entering the SABRC details into FI$Cal on the SABRC/EPP page. The data for the report resides on this page on requisitions, contracts, POs, State Contract & Procurement Registration System, and P-Card transactions.
Added effective date control in the SABRC Set up pages and respective impacted objects.
Request report to list the CTS payments that are marked for escheatment.
Departments will use report to get details of payments that need to be reclassified as part of escheatment. Departments can submit this report along with a ticket to the FI$Cal Service Center. The report will fetch escheated data from voucher accounting line and payment tables.
Small Business/Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise
Request to modify the Diversity page of Cal eProcure to add additional category groups “disabled” and “supplier diversity certifications” (woman and minority based questions) for bidders/suppliers to capture the important data required by law (AB 2019). This is to promote diversity and inclusiveness within the state certification vendor pool and increase Small Business/Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise participation.
Modified Code to Diversity Configuration page (PS Employee Portal) to add additional category groups “disabled” and “supplier diversity certifications” (woman and minority based questions) and modify Diversity pages of PeopleSoft Supplier Portal/Cal eProcure to display these additional category groups for bidders/suppliers to capture the data.