Tips and Tricks for Success
Every state job will require certain documents in the application package. Check out these resources!
FI$Cal Recruitment Unit
Department of FISCal
Human Resources Office
2000 Evergreen Street
Sacramento, CA 95815
The FI$Cal system, managed by the Department of FISCal (FI$Cal), modernized how the state of California manages its finances and is one of the largest and most dynamic IT and business-transformation undertakings in California’s history. It eliminates the need for hundreds of independent legacy systems by combining the state’s accounting, budgeting, cash management and procurement operations into a single financial management system.
To operate the statewide financial system to enable California to perform budgeting, procurement, cash management and accounting functions transparently and efficiently.
To provide world-class customer service, innovative solutions and efficient system operations as a trusted partner.
See all FI$Cal employment opportunities.
4 Reasons to Join the FI$Cal Team
- We foster a culture that supports excellence, individual growth, diversity and teamwork.
- We recruit and retain a broad range of talent.
- We promote personal job fulfillment and satisfaction.
- We enhance staff development and training programs.
- Customers First: Delivering high-quality services for a superior customer experience.
- Innovation: Incorporating cutting-edge technology to enhance security, reliability and efficiencies.
- Integrity: Promoting accuracy, accountability and transparency.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Fostering a culture that values differences and promotes fairness and respect.
Benefits of Working for the State of California
The state of California offers a wide variety of careers and jobs, ranging from accounting to engineering. The services our employees provide are truly essential to the people of California. In public service, you will spend every day doing work that is vital to your state and your community.
The state of California offers its employees generous benefits that include retirement and savings plans, health and dental insurance for the whole family, and access to long-term disability and long-term care insurance. You will also earn vacation and sick leave and may be able to create a flexible schedule that fits the demands of your life.
We want to help you build a career from the ground up. The state provides on-the-job training and professional development, and many positions do not require previous experience or a degree. Advancement opportunities are open to you, and you maintain your benefits if you switch jobs or state departments.
If you are interested in becoming part of a diverse workforce where talent, experience and expertise are valued, FI$Cal invites you apply for our employment opportunities.