Department 360 is a dashboard in the FI$Cal PeopleSoft application. Based on users’ feedback in a recent survey, those who have tried this dashboard find a lot of value in it.
Department 360 provides quick access to several tools and reports displayed through user-friendly tiles and can be very helpful with month-end and year-end close activities. Seven tiles currently are available, with more to follow. The tiles are:
- FI$Cal Dashboard – This provides departments’ month-end close status and a link to the existing Operational Insights Dashboard that offers step-by-step help with month-end close tasks.
- FSC Tickets – Provides quick access to FI$Cal to report an issue, make a request or view cases.
- Encumbrances – Provides a summarized view of Purchase Order (PO) encumbrances recorded in the FI$Cal system with drill-down charts to view PO acquisition methods and status details.
- Expenditures – Provides a summarized view of Accounts Payable expenditures recorded in the FI$Cal system with drill-down charts to view voucher origin and status details.
- Receivables – Displays the total count and sum of receipts. When you click on the receivable tile, a new page will display with four charts – two showing receipts by type and two showing receipts by fund.
- GL/KK Data Sync – Displays the sum of expenditures in KK (Commitment Control Ledger) and GL(General Ledger) and their differences, along with identifying the chartfield combinations that are causing the mismatch.
- Error Dashboard – Enables end users to be able to view consolidated lists of errors by module and find the necessary documentation to correct them. The Accounts Payable module is available now, and more will be rolling out in the coming months.
Users are highly encouraged to use Department 360 for self-help with various business processes. For a full demonstration of the dashboard, view the Department 360 Dashboard video on our YouTube channel.