The Department of FISCal (FI$Cal) continually makes updates and enhancements to the system based on feedback from our end users. Our goal is to improve usability while maintaining the highest level of security for the state’s data.
FI$Cal released the following enhancements in April (descriptions include ServiceNow case numbers):
- Request cash re-class update to inherit original journal date for cross fiscal year journal entries.
- Cash re-class process running longer and taking around four hours to complete.
- Modified cash re-class application engine to update the ACCOUNTING_DT to inherit original journal date for cross fiscal year cash re-class entries. Modified Page Cash Accounting Options to add new checkbox ‘Inherit Journal Date’.
- Modified cash re-class application engine to revise logic for legacy journals fetch SQL for performance tuning and added temporary tables to the process so cash validation processes calling it receive dedicated instances of temporary tables.
Request to exclude Project Costing, Step 3, from the Month End Close Summary Status.
Updated the batch process. Project costing is included in the Month End Close Summary Status, Step 6, which will close asset management, general ledger, and project costing together.
Request to add owner diversity questions to existing bidder registration process. Create new pages for Department of General Services Office of Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Services bidders/suppliers to edit diversity answers, add diversity answers to Office of Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Services certification profile. Create new configuration to add/edit diversity questions.
Created new and modified existing code to:
- Added diversity questions to existing bidder registration.
- Created new page for bidders and suppliers to add/update diversity answers.
- Created new page for Office of Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Services to add/update diversity answers for bidders/suppliers.
- Added bidder/supplier diversity profile to applicable Certification Profile page.
- Created new configuration to allow Office of Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Services to add/modify diversity questions.
Create “Notes” tab from General Information page under project costing that will allow department project costing users to add notes and/or attach files.
Created new Notes page to capture project related notes.