The Department of FISCal (FI$Cal) continually makes updates and enhancements to the system based on feedback from our end users. Our goal is to improve usability while maintaining the highest level of security for the state’s data.
FI$Cal released the following enhancements in January (descriptions include ServiceNow case numbers):
Modify existing Subsidiary on File and Report 8 (Post-Closing Trial Balance)
Applied changes per agreement between the Department of Finance and the State Controller’s Office (SCO) – report title, added ledger to header, reflection of zero amount, and removed asterisk on certain accounts.
Add encumbrance accrual data to the existing Summary Accrual Report to assist departments with monthly reconciliations.
Changed code in Accrual Report to add the following features:
- Encumbrance amounts and total amounts for each chartfield string and account
- Account level summation for each chartfield group
- Encumbrance amounts and total amounts for each account
Modify Report 7 (UCM version – RPTGL068 and COA version RPTGL157).
Modified Report 7 definition templates of Pre-Closing Trial Balance reports:
- “Account” is now “GLAN”
- “Ledger” is now added
- Removed the asterisk for General Ledger (GL) 1600 (Provision for Deferred) if the balance is a credit
- Removed the asterisk for GL 9891 (Refunds to Reverted Appropriate) if the balance is a credit
- Removed the asterisk for GL 9812 (Transfers to Other Funds) associated with Account 6240000, if the balance is a debit
- Removed the asterisk next to the amount and added new columns for debit and credit
Request for cosmetic modification of Year End Report 4 (Final Statement of Revenue report).
Modified Report 4 (UCM and COA versions RPTGL065) to:
- Add the Fund Number even if there is no activity. Currently, no fund displays when there is no activity
- Change “Actual Revenues” to “Balance”
- Change “Total Fund” to “Total Revenue”
- Add capability to record encumbrance amount by account for each chartfield combination that represents a report column.
- Add capability in the process to carry forward encumbrance amount from prior period to current period for each column combination.
- Developed code to add capability to record encumbrance amount by account for each chartfield combination that represents a report column.
Main Menu > FI$Cal Processes > FI$Cal Extensions > GL > SCO/FI$Cal Monthly Recon > Recon Report Adjustments
- Developed code to add capability in the process to carry forward encumbrance amount from prior period to current period for each column combination.
Main Menu > FI$Cal Processes > FI$Cal Extensions > GL > SCO/FI$Cal Monthly Recon > Generate Recon Report Columns
Need a report that will give the activity and balance for each project ID within the fund.
Created a Power BI report – Project Expenditures and Reimbursement report.
Department reconciliations are done manually using Excel spreadsheets and running various FI$Cal reports. This process is not time efficient and causes delays in month-end close and year-end close activities. This report will help departments streamline the reconciliation process timely to prevent differences at year-end and ensure appropriations are within established limits. It is important that this report is current and accurate for departments to utilize and fulfill State Administrative Manual (SAM) 7921 requirements – SAM 7921 reconciliation of department’s account balances with SCO balances.
Updated the FI$Cal to SCO Monthly Reconciliation Report (Power BI) to include the BLL app engine reconciliation methodology:
- Cutover Input page
- Account 2000300
- Year End Encumbrance Reclass
EPIC 75253 – Build a custom page in PeopleSoft to capture beginning expenditure balance by fund and project, because there is no place in Microsoft Power BI to capture the beginning expenditure balance.
Created a custom page for users to manually enter the beginning expenditure balance by fund and project. This custom page will be used for the Power BI Project Expenditures and Reimbursement Report (FD_RPTPC111 – EPIC 83111).
- Request read/write access to the Beginning Expenditure Balance by Fund and Project page for the following roles: Department GL Journal Processor, Department Project Costing (PC) Project Processor, GL Processor, Department PC Lite Processor.
- Request read access to the Beginning Expenditure Balance by Fund and Project page for the following roles: PC Viewer, PC Reporter, GL Reporter.
- Provided read/write access to the Beginning Expenditure Balance by Fund and Project page for the following roles: Department GL Journal Processor, Department PC Project Processor, GL Processor, Department PC Lite Processor.
- Provided read access to the Beginning Expenditure Balance by Fund and Project page for the following roles: PC Viewer, PC Reporter, GL Reporter.
- Request to create a new voucher upload for non-warrant cash type vouchers. This will allow departments to upload both MAN and ONL vouchers with cash type of ORF Gen and agency trust.
- Main Menu > FI$Cal Processes > FI$Cal Interfaces > AP > Non Warrant Vouchers Upload
Created a new voucher upload for department users to upload MAN and ONL origin with the option to select ORF Gen or agency trust cash. Users will create CSV files and upload to a Run Control page. After running, the process voucher data is loaded to delivered staging tables. Vouchers are then created once voucher build runs.
- Modify the Contract Amendment report (RPTPC058) by adding more fields and changing the report layout/format to make it more user friendly.
- Fix code for the last modified person on the report.
- Fix the Concurrent Output report issues where results can be mixed up.
Modified the code to fix below fields for better usability:
- “Entered By” field from user’s name to user’s ID
- Format for entered date, old value, and new value
- Added sequence #, amendment REF #, edit type, and billing plan fields