Asset Management

Question: We need to add a new capital asset in the AM module but the correct Useful Life value is not available. What do we need to do?
Answer: To correct the issue your department needs to submit a Configuration Modification Request for PeopleSoft (CMR form) requesting a new asset Profile ID with the correct Useful Life value. The CMR form can be submitted via the ServiceNow Self-Service Portal or by emailing the FI$Cal Service Center at

Accounts Payable

Question: How do we transfer Statewide Cost Allocation Plan (SWCAP) in FI$Cal?
Answer: SWCAP transfers need to be submitted manually to the State Controller’s Office (SCO) because some of the accounting entries post to the statewide BU, to which departments currently do not have access. Once SCO processes the transfers, departments will record the SCO journal entries as manual catch-up.

Accounts Receivable

Question: How do we record receipts associated with an Accounts Receivable (AR) item that has reverted and re-classed to AR-Other?
Answer: To find out how to record the receipts refer to eLearning AR20 and AR21 available on the Department of Finance website at