This past April, FI$Cal held its first Imagine FI$Cal workshop series, which gave representatives from departments using the system the opportunity to brainstorm ideas on ways we can improve our training, customer service, and system performance. One idea that came out of those workshops was to allow end users to have access to subject matter experts (SME) directly via phone or chat.
As a result, we have launched a new service offering called “FI$Chat” to make it easier for you to get answers to your questions. Through this new service, which began on July 24, end users can call (855) 347-2250 Monday through Friday from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. and ask to “FI$Chat” directly with a FI$Cal SME.
The following is a brief Q&A about how the “FI$Chat” service will function and interact with the ticketing system.
• Q: What type of questions can I get help with when I “FI$Chat”?
• A: FI$Chat SMEs will be available to assist you with “how-to” questions and less complex system transactions.
• Q: If I open a ticket and then call to “FI$Chat”, will I be able to move my ticket to the front of the line?
• A: The Fiscal Service Center (FSC) services tickets in the order they are received. Opening a ticket and then calling to “FI$Chat” about that ticket will not get the ticket moved to the front of the line. Tickets that are opened as the result of a FI$Chat call will go through the already established intake, triage and assignment queues.
• Q: Can I “FI$Chat” to find out the status of my ticket(s)?
• A: We strongly encourage our users to email the FSC or, search for ticket status through the Self Service Portal and use FI$Chat for system related questions.
Q: What if the SMEs are assisting other end users when I call to “FI$Chat”?
• A: If all of our SMEs are busy, a FSC Level 1 support analyst will open a ticket and route the ticket to an assigned SME. The SME will return your call same day, or during the FI$Chat office hours the next business day