The departmental authorities or their designee(s) are the only state employees who can authorize access to data, processes and applications within the FI$Cal system. The departmental authority can be only a department director, executive director (for boards, commissions, or authorities), chief deputy (for constitutional offices), or agency secretary (for state agencies). Designees can authorize users on behalf of the departmental authority. A departmental authority can be removed by a successor departmental authority, chair of a board, commission or authority, or a constitutional officer. Please contact your Department Liaison to determine your departmental authority.
- FI$Cal End User Role Description Handbook (Detail Roles) (PDF)
- FI$Cal End User Role Description Handbook (Summary Roles) (PDF)
- DGS-CFS Role Mapping Handbook (PDF)
- User Access Request FAQs (PDF)
- Introduction to ISS Portal Video