The Department of FISCal (FI$Cal) continually makes updates and enhancements to the system based on feedback from our end users. Our goal is to improve usability while maintaining the highest level of security for the state’s data.
FI$Cal released the following enhancements in March (descriptions include ServiceNow case numbers):
Journal Voucher approval doesn’t display closed Related Voucher while approving by State Accounting and Reporting Division (SARD) team.
Modified VOUCHER_ID_RELATED PeopleCode to load Regular Entry page for related vouchers that are in closed status. This will help Department Approver and State Controller’s Office SARD Approver review the related voucher that is in closed status before approving the Journal Voucher.
Request: CS0314059; EPIC 80479
Voucher Error and Status Report is used to verify all the coding of each line in the voucher. This report will be more efficient when purchase order (PO) number and service location columns are added.
For Voucher Error and Status Report, modified the Record and File layout to add PO number and service location.
- Request to modify Month End Close (MEC) Automation Process to move PC from sub-modules to Asset Management (AM)/General Ledger (GL) tab.
- Request to add two new queries to PC & GL Close: ZZ_MEC_GL_NOT_SENT_TO_PC and ZZ_MEC_PC_CAPC_NOT_GENERATED.
- Request to stop the email sent to SCO for completing allocation steps after GL is closed.
- Modified MEC Automation Process to move PC from sub-modules to AM/GL tab.
- Added two new queries to PC & GL Close: ZZ_MEC_GL_NOT_SENT_TO_PC and ZZ_MEC_PC_CAPC_NOT_GENERATED.
- Removed the email sent to SCO for completing allocation steps after GL is closed.
- CS0312203/EPIC 80020
Request to add validation to not allow departmental users to report Account Outside CTS or No Account Outside CTS in the same fiscal year as Statement Date.
- CS0310878/EPIC 80036
Request to create a guardrail for Report 14 [Accounts Outside CTS and No Accounts Outside CTS] where there is no valid departmental approver.
- CS0312203/EPIC 80020 – Validation message is displayed when the user submits Report 14:
- Report 14, Accounts Outside CTS cannot be submitted prior to July 1. Please transact on July 1 or after.
- Report 14, No Account Outside CTS cannot be submitted prior to July 1. Please transact on July 1 or after.
- For CS0310878 / EPIC 80036 – Message box will appear:
- Report 14, Accounts Outside CTS, there is no Departmental Approver, please submit a request approved by Departmental DAD via Identity Self Service (ISS).
- Report 14, No Accounts Outside CTS, there is no Departmental Approver, please submit a request approved by Departmental DAD via Identity Self Service (ISS).
Request to ignore the chartfield values except for:
LEDGER(‘MODACCRL’), ACCOUNT, FUND_CODE, FOREIGN_CURRENCY(USD), and OPEN_ITEM_KEY in order to reconcile open items. Related to Security CR013777
Reconciles open items by business unit, employee, ledger, fund code, account, foreign currency, and open item key.
Request to change the Summary Task Description within the MEC Status and MEC Detail Status.
Updated the Summary Task description from Close AM and GL to Close AM, GL, and PC within the MEC Status and MEC Detail Status for the MEC Percentage Reporting Tool and MEC Dashboard.