Chief Information Officer
Subbarao Mupparaju joined FI$Cal in July 2015 as the Chief Information Officer and Deputy Director of the Information Technology Division. Prior to joining FI$Cal, Subbarao worked for the California Department of Technology as the State Chief Enterprise Architect and Chief Technology Officer. As the State’s lead advisor on technology initiatives, he provided technical guidance and oversight on the State’s $4 billion information technology project portfolio. He created the state’s enterprise architecture framework and several repeatable solutions for use by all state agencies.
Prior to starting his State career, Subbarao worked in the private sector for over 20 years in executive leadership roles on projects involving large-scale applications development, systems integration, commercial off-the-shelf/enterprise resource planning implementation, and business transformation projects. He has led cross-functional, multi-organizational, and geographically dispersed teams and successfully implemented several statewide and nationwide systems including the California Driver License System, the California Child Welfare Services Case Management System, and the Missouri Automated Child Support System.
Subbarao has a Master of Engineering degree from PSG College of Technology, India. He is a Project Management Institute certified Project Management Professional and an International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) certified Information Technology Specialist. He received the Hewlett Packard Most Valuable People award in 2010 and the IBM Hundred Percent Club award in 2003.
- Miriam Barcellona Ingenito, Director
- Neeraj Chauhan, Chief Deputy Director
- Anastasia Baskerville, Chief Counsel
- Joel Riphagen, Senior Advisor
- Jennifer Maguire, Deputy Director,
Administrative Services Division
- Mehdi Ghomeshi, Deputy Director,
Business Operation and Solutions Division
- Navin Arora, Deputy Director,
Service Center and Portfolio Management Division
- Tamma Adamek - Deputy Director,
- Subbarao Mupparaju, Deputy Director,
Information Technology Division
Partner Business Executives
- Roger Anderson, Department of General Services
- Shela Tobias-Daniel, State Treasurer's Office
- Susan Hansen, Department of Finance
- Cathy Leal, State Controller's Office